This comprehensive, national level event on men's and women's lacrosse-specific sports medicine is open to all members of the medical and lacrosse communities, including physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, allied health personnel, coaches, administrators and students.
Fees range from $50-$150, based on participant category.
- Physicians - $150
- General Attendees/Allied Medical Personnel - $100
- Medical and Non-Medical Students (with ID) - $50
The event will feature presentations and panel discussions on the following topics:
- The State of Youth Sports in America
- Positive Youth Lacrosse Experience
- Trends in Lacrosse Injury Types and Public Health Interventions
- ACL Injuries and Prevention Strategies
- Nutrition for Lacrosse Athletes
- Head Acceleration Research in Lacrosse
- Returning Athletes to the Field
- Research and Medical Challenges for Lacrosse in 2015
Two optional bonus sessions will also be offered:
- Lacrosse Helmet Fitting and Facemask Removal
- ACL Prevention Program Training
(For certified coaches, by invitation only. If interested, please email to
Download the Event Schedule
The Sports Medicine Symposium is being hosted in conjunction with the
2015 US Lacrosse Convention. While registration for each event is independent, those attendees registering for the convention may add a symposium registration for just $35.
MedStar Union Memorial Hospital is accredited by MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. MedStar Union Memorial Hospital designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course has been submitted to the Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 7.5 CEUs; approval is pending.
Virginia PT boards accept MedStar NRH Rehabilitation Network courses because MedStar is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
MedStar NRH Rehabilitation Network is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. BOC Approved Provider Number: P1046. Number of hours actually participated: ____. Because of this recognition, the Virginia Physical Therapy Board of Examiners approves this course for the same CEUs.