Teammates on Amber
Left-hander…intelligence as a defender is a huge strength…great breakdown in her footwork…solid approach…has a knack for lightening the mood and building strong relationships between the players and the coaches…so enthusiastic for all things Team USA.
- One of three former Tar Heels on the Roster (Carr, Russell)
- Two-time FIL World Cup gold medalist (2009, 2013)
- Two-time FIL World Cup All-World Team (2009, 2013)
- Second on team with nine ground balls and five caused turnovers at 2013 FIL World Cup
- 2009 FIL World Cup Most Outstanding Defender
- Led team with 18 ground balls and added seven caused turnovers at 2009 FIL World Cup
- 2008 Prague Cup Touring Team
- U.S. National Team (2008-13)
- U.S. Developmental Team (2007-08)
- IWLCA Defender of the Year (2009)
- IWLCA/US Lacrosse All-America first team (2009), second team (2007-08), third team (2006)
- All-ACC (2007-09)
- Led North Carolina to NCAA championship game appearance in 2009
- First player in program history to earn All-America honors four times
- Finished career as school’s all-time leader in games played and games started
- As a senior in 2009, led team in ground balls (54) and caused turnovers (33), and ranked second in draw controls (37)
- As a junior in 2008, led team in ground balls (35) and ranked second in caused turnovers (14)
- As a sophomore in 2007, ranked second on Tar Heels in ground balls (34)
- As a freshman in 2006, ranked second on team in caused turnovers (11) and third in ground balls (32)
|Year ||GP-GS ||G ||A ||PTS ||GB ||DC ||CT |
|2009 ||21-21 ||1 ||4 ||5 ||54 ||37 ||33 |
|2008 ||20-20 ||1 ||2 ||3 ||35 ||19 ||14 |
|2007 ||21-21 ||1 ||3 ||4 ||34 ||11 ||6 |
|2006 ||19-15 ||6 ||4 ||10 ||32 ||21 ||11 |
|Total ||81-77 ||9 ||13 ||22 ||155 ||88 ||64 |
Off the Field
- Assistant women's lacrosse coach at Furman
Getting to Know...
- Nickname: Amby
- Twitter: @amberfalcone
- Other sports played in high school: Soccer, cheerleading
- Favorite lacrosse player: Can I say all my teammates?!
- Favorite athlete from another sport: It’s always been Michael Jordan, but I am a huge Gabby Douglas fan now!
- Best advice received from a coach: “If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.”- Jenny Levy
- Strengths as a player: Team defense and leadership.What should every player at your position be able to do on the field: Have quick feet, good vision and be ready to help your teammate at all times.
- Most important part of your game/season preparation: Definitely fitness – I need to constantly work hard to get better. I love to watch film and learn the tendencies of the opposing teams’ attackers.
- Game day ritual: Pulling my hair into a pony tail, putting on my sparkly headband, and smearing on eye black.
- Tips for young players: Continue to play other sports. Each sport will help in some way to better your lacrosse ability (yes, even cheerleading!).
- Best lacrosse moment: Winning the 2009 World Cup.