Basic, can be progressed
This objective of this game is to help players understand and acquire the necessary skills needed to pass and catch on the move, learning how to lead their teammates, all while constantly communicating, This is a great drill to use to add in conditioning to any practice.
Description of Drill-Execution
- Have three lines of players at each cone
- Start the ball in the middle line with all repetitions
- You can start the ball in any direction, depending on the complexity of the drill (see progressions below).
- Player 1 passes to Player 2 and following the direction of the pass, runs around Player 2 and continues to run straight.
- Player 2 then passes to Player 3 and following the direction of their pass, runs around Player 3 and continues to run straight.
- Continue this pattern for each throw until you reach a desired length, or number of passes.
- This game can be progressed from a walk, to a jog, to sprints depending on the level of players and their skills.
- Work on catching with one hand and transferring to the other, and all other combinations to enhance skill development and confidence.
Introduce space and time constraints to progress the game and to control the pace of the activity. Keep score or count how many catches each team of three completes in a given distance.